Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crying It Out...

Last Saturday Hunter hit 10 months! I cannot believe how fast my little boys have grown, when Joseph was an infant I savored it all. The days didn't go by as fast as they do now. It is crazy to think that this time last year I was pregnant and working full time! Now I am a cloth diapering mom, I have a rambunctious loud Preschooler (this time last year Joseph was very shy and soft spoken), and am jobless(by choice)! I am brushing up on my sewing skills and plan to make a line of baby products in the near future. If you would have told me last year that I would be cloth diapering and sewing. I would have thought you were nuts!!!

I got sidetracked there a little!

Since Hunter was born  he has slept with us in our bed. The main reason for this is that he was born prematurely via C-Section and had some reflux issues. It was easier to have him right next to me for nursing and diaper changing. Each month has passed and we have tried to get him to sleep in his crib but he wants nothing to do with it. He just screams and screams. So what do you know he is still in bed with us. SO after reading an article about breaking sleep habits I decided to give it a go, what do I have to lose?

On Wednesday I bumped up Hunter's evening nursing by a half hour so that he doesn't fall asleep while he is nursing. When he was done nursing I put him in his crib at about 9:00 and told Cody not to go in to him. After crying for a half hour he finally fell asleep and sleep. He did not sleep through the night but he only woke up twice once at 2:30AM and again at 5:30AM and after each nursing I put him back in his crib and he didn't fuss he just rolled over and went back to sleep.

Thursday morning I woke up feeling pretty good! I was thinking "Yay, finally he might sleep through the night!" I did the same thing Thursday night, nursed him early and put him in his crib at 9:00 he cried for 10 minutes and then fell asleep. Cody and I were feeling great and thinking that it would probably only take Hunter a week until we don't have the bedtime battle. I think that we go a little excited too soon because Hunter woke up a bunch, at 11:30, 1:30, 2:30, 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30. So once he woke up at 6:30 I gave in and let him sleep in bed with me until 8:30 when I woke up.

Friday I felt discouraged and kept wondering to myself "Why on earth won't this kid sleep". But I didn't give up. Last night he nursed early and went into his crib at about 9:30 and cred for about 5-8 minutes and fell asleep. He woke up at 11:30ish and ended up falling back asleep within a couple minutes. He then woke up at 1:30AM, I nursed him and put him back in his bed. He woke up two other times but I didn't look at the clock.

Tonight we are not gonna give in, we are going to keep with the routine that we have started and hope that soon our Hunty man will sleep through the night!  It has been a very long time since I slept through the night about a year and a half I figure. I also think a lot of Hunter waking up a lot is because he has a cold again. We just can't seem to get rid of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment